Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

So, it has been 10 years since I've even had a father to wish a happy Father's Day to....and though that may be sad....to some....it re-assures me that I did have a loving and giving Father that gave his life entirely to me and my family. .... and now that I'm a mother, it means even more. I celebrate my dad and the amazing sacrifices he gave to me......he was the ultimate DAD. He sat through tap dance recitals, and softball games, and musicals, and late night wakings, and enveloped me in hugs in situations where I felt hopeless, and told me that I was special, and gave me things that meant the world (aka: when my curling iron broke before school on a Valentines Day and he ran out to Walgreens and bought me one when I needed to look "cool" at school) and believed in me when nobody else did, and was....the ultimate dad. How can I ever repay that gift he gave me. How can I ever live up to the legacy he left? I can only be the person I am today, because part of him is FOREVER in me....and I give it back, each day, in many ways....just as he did leave an imprint on many people's hearts and lives.....I can only wish I do the same thing.....what an amazing gift.

No comments: